Thursday, January 5, 2017

Immersed in the Psalms: Focus

When I started, I thought that this was going to be a simple study in the Book of Psalms while writing them out by hand. Then I thought it would be an immersion in praise; a time to reset my thinking in a positive direction.

How vain, to think that I was in control.

This morning as I read through the fourth Psalm, I was drawn to Psalms 4:6b "Let the smile of your face shine on us, Lord."  It sounded right and good for my focus and goal to be as simple as basking in God's smile. This was the message I thought I was to hear from this passage.

Then as I was writing the verses out, another verse jumped out at me - practically shouting my name as I penned it, while now pondering each word carefully.

Psalm 4:4b "Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still."

I had planned on sharing each of the books I have chosen to use for this journey, and why I chose each one tomorrow. Instead, I want to share a simple photo of my mobile "desk" that travels through the house with me, as my body requires constant shifts in position... quite often sitting near my bed or the sofa, as I recline in my mountain of cushions feeling frustrated and broken.






Everything is here for me. Ready for praise... and ready for silence. My bed. Not a prison, but a place for silence and meditation.

I think a still small voice just whispered in the wind.

1 comment:

Hopes Handcrafts said...

oh this is awesome Marcy-I need one of these! I love the psalms too they speak deep into my soul as well. it's taken me a long time to come to realise my bed is a wonderful place of rest and stillness, not torture! ((hugs)) xo