Saturday, November 29, 2014

Christmas Decorations: Bottlebrush Trees

I tell people that I have 37 trees in my house for Christmas, and it's true.

Most of my trees, however, are bottlebrush trees. I LOVE how many ways there are to use them, and place mine in various vignettes about the house.

Near the front door, I crocheted a a pool noodle and tucked a few bleached trees into it along with a pretty wooden church ornament for a simple "White Christmas" wreath.

Atop the sewing machine under the wreath, is this tiny display - with a paper church, and tiny lanterns. 
 In the dining room, I tucked several more bottlebrush trees into some cotton batting, and added several wintry animals for a natural look. The antique car nestled nicely into a nest of feather boa, with one more bottlebrush tree tied to the roof for just a touch of whimsy.

This year has been particularly difficult. I have been saying that I'm ready for next year to begin because it MUST be better. However, I am choosing to live the rest of my winter by this quote by Anne Bradstreet:


If we had no winter,
the spring would not be 
so pleasant:
if we did not sometimes
taste of adversity,
prosperity would not be so welcome.
 May all our winters lead to pleasant springs.





2 comments:

Appleshoe said...

The wreath turned out well. I like it's simplicity. However your lantern takes the prize. Lovely.

Mama Housemouse said...

Aww, thanks Apple! I had a feeling you'd like the lantern. I'm seriously loving how it turned out myself!