With the end of the year in sight, I wanted to review my goals from the beginning of the year. It seems almost an exercise in futility as I KNOW I have failed in several places, but it's still important to see where I did & didn't measure up to my own expectations. So here they are again, my personal goals for 2010:
God & Family
* incorporating structured Bible studies into Wednesday's lesson plans. This was almost TOO easy to change. I am happy to say that we now have a weekly Bible study, as well as lessons on Christian role-models as they appear in history.
* monthly date-nights... this was a tough one to keep up, with almost nine MONTHS of battling a shingles infection gone wild that has left my right eye permanently damaged. Having a car break down, the dishwasher die, and my daughter with some sort of chronic congestive difficulties for the past two months has not helped either. Still, we have managed to schedule (and keep) date-nights for ten of the past twelve months. And yes, it's been lovely going out somewhere OTHER than late-night grocery runs just the two of us!
Around the House
* the daily chore-schedule... this one seems to have been hit-or-miss. We DO keep it up, but only 4 days per week. Perhaps a re-vamp of the system is in order?
* And the 15-minute morning cleanups? Not bad. We are finding the time to do this only twice per week rather than the five times I had planned, but this in combination with our evening chores is keeping the house nicely manageable.
and Just for ME
* losing 30 pounds... yeah. Oh, how I wish I could forget I ever promised this! Unfortunately I was not ALLOWED to exercise until August due to the dratted shingles. However from then 'til December I truly have no excuse other than laziness. I am now 20 pounds heavier than I was at this time last year, and absolutely hating it. However I AM almost a week into a new exercise regime, and have recruited my husband as accountability-police. So there is a light at the end of this long, dark, scary tunnel.
* And my weekly crafting? Yep, that was forgotten in the middle of hourly dilation drops & steroid-induced migraines. I HAVE been crafting more since fall however, and plan on continuing as I have these past three months. There are already quite a few new crafts lined up on my to-do list, and I have a happy little recruit who is looking forward to helping me which should ensure that this actually happens.
Well there it is. I've not completely failed, but I definitely need to stay motivated this coming year. This will be my contemplation for the rest of the week - determining how best to tweak, change & add to this knowledge for NEXT years goals!