Monday, December 7, 2009

has it REALLY been 18 years?

As I make plans for our 15th wedding anniversary later this winter, another "milestone" has snuck right by me. Yesterday marked eighteen years since the day I met my husband. It's tough to believe that we've officially known each other for half of his lifetime... and MORE than half of my own! Where has the time gone? Wasn't it just last year that I called him up in tears, because I'd changed my mind and DID want to go to my junior prom after all... causing him to scramble to find a (literally) last-minute tuxedo, and someone to cover his shift at work? Wasn't it just a month or so ago that we drove 100 teens all over the 5-state area, sleeping on church floors & eating sloppy joes twice a day? And I'm SURE it was only a week or so that we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary, and here we are making plans for our 15th!

Today, while moving the snowman along on our advent calendar to count down the days to Christmas, and checking all of my hiding-places to be sure I haven't missed any stashed gifts, I am surrounded by numbers. So in honor of 18 years of togetherness with my very best friend, here are a few of OUR numbers.

18 years of togetherness
17 states that we've driven through (and Canada too!)
16 years of volunteering with youth
15 drive-through movies (some DEFINITELY better than others!)
14 years of marriage
13 "snowed in" blizzards
12 family vacations
11 total lunar eclipses
10 cars (including the one I got "stuck" in while pregnant, and the one without a hood!)
9 voting years
8 hospital visits (and I only account for HALF of those, thank you very much!)
7 family pets
6 goofy nicknames
5 black-tie events
4 years without gluten
3 high-school proms
2 beautiful children
all with the same 1 man – the only one for me! Happy 18th “Met Ya” Anniversary Meep!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Ohhh, that's neat, Marcy!