Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Too Big!!!




I tossed on my clothes this morning without really looking at myself, and it wasn't until I caught my reflection this afternoon that I realized... my shirt was WAY too big! A year ago I was contemplating donating this same shirt because it was positively snug... now it's big enough that the arm-holes gap quite indecently.

With that fresh in my mind, I double-checked my shirts as I put away laundry, and found SEVEN more shirts that were all too big! What a difference 8 months makes, to have gone from a size 22... to a 12/14!

I have to blame this progress on our dog AND on the Wii Fit. Spirit keeps us all running & chasing her around the house & yard, and that Wii Fit is kicking my butt - literally. I've just gotta keep posting better scores than my son - and it takes genuine work & exercise to hula-hoop & rhythm box faster & better than a stubborn teen! (I've still got him beat at rhythm boxing though, har har har!!!)

After nine years of slowly growing out of clothes, it feels so wonderful to be sending away my fourth bag of clothes that are too BIG for me now! I could definitely get used to this. At this rate I could actually see that size 2/4 by my 35th birthday after all!

No comments: